Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Food and Nails (FFAN) #1

First FFAN post!  Everyone did a really lovely job!  I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did.  Feel free to repost the entire post on your blog if you were a participant.  Don't forget to visit these blogs. :)  


"These are my watermelon nails that I did. I decided to do something different by making the rind and the actual watermelon on different nails. I used Sinful Colors Fusion Neon for the pink watermelon and Ruby Kisses Lime Green With Envy for the base of the watermelon rind. I used a Santee Black Nail Art Striper for the dots and a Max 2012 by Cherimoya Crackle in Eternity, a dark green, for the other part of the watermelon rind. I got a lot of compliments on this look because it is very unique compared to other watermelon looks. I think the usage of the crackle really makes it shine."
***

 "I'm rocking Essie Da Bush with OPI Silver Shatter and holding none other than a 7-Eleven Slurpee."
***

"Chicken McNuggets from McDonald's. I was wearing Sinful Colors Bianca for Pink Wednesday."
 ***

Fishing4Beauty
"Zoya Maya joined me for breakfast! She smelled the homemade Nun cakes baking in the oven & decided to stop by. According to Zoya.com, Maya is a "semi-opaque bright pink coral with tangerine undertones. A bright tropical coral for a translucent jelly-like finish on your manicure or pedicure." Nun cakes are actually supposed to puff up and split open on the top, but I'm still getting used to my new oven so it looks like a fail, but they tasted delicious!"
***

"Hi! I'm Helly, and this is my entry for FFAN this week! The polish I'm wearing here is Aztec by UK brand Accessorize, which is apparently a dupe for Orly Space Cadet. Orly's are expensive here, so it's good to find a good dupe! I decided to show it with this mini bottle of tabasco sauce because it's little and cute, but also fiery - a bit like me!"
***

Liquid Jelly
"An omelette I whipped up with my mediocre cooking skills and potatoes on the side.  Don't worry, I shared this with my mom and siblings.  On my nails I'm wearing the technicolor mani I did earlier this week.  The potatoes weren't really that burnt looking...  Ketchup for my readers. :)"
***

If you'd like to participate next Friday, more information is available here.

Thanks for reading! :)

17 comments:

  1. OOoh I really like zoya maya!!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh I really like zoya maya!!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watermelon one! They're all so amazing~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, amazing idea & I love your picture! Thank you for sending us your omelette love:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay thank you so much! so cool to see myself on here! :D everyone's is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate did a lovely job with hers! ^^ And I agree, Maya is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are. :) I love how she did the watermelon rind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this idea! I'm going to participate next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for participating! Your picture makes me want to eat nun cakes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! I'm glad you enjoyed this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should! I would love it if you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. I love seeing the food...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)