Thursday, July 4, 2013

Incoco Nail Polish Applique: Love Liberty


Hey all!  Happy Fourth of July!  Hope everyone had/is having a great time. :)  For today, I picked out these nail appliques for my 4th of July mani.  They're white strips with little heart shaped American flags.  Too cute!



While I've used nail strips from other brands, this was my first time using strips from Incoco.  Each design comes with 16 double ended strips.  I also received some disposable nail files and cuticle sticks with the nail strips.  There are also directions included in the packaging for first time users.  The directions are clear and concise with pictures, so they should be easy to follow.

I also noticed a piece of silvery paper tucked into the directions.  I don't think they're meant to be used for anything, but they're awesome to have around while applying the strips.  The clear protective films (you peel off) cling right to the silvery paper, so yay for easy clean up. :P


One thing I've noticed while applying these was that they are a lot stickier than other brands I have tried.  They are also easier to stretch, which can be both good and bad.  You don't have to worry about rips or distorted images, but you might also overcompensate.  These seem a bit thinner as well, but I can't say for sure.  (Need help applying strips?  Check out my application guide.)


All of these pictures are shown without top coat.  The strip itself is sort of shiny, since top coat isn't necessary.  I don't know if it's the white in these strips, but I was a little turned off by the finish because it reminded me of plastic bags. :/  Nail strips usually have some element of fakeness because of the printed nature, but I felt these were a little too fake for me.  I really think it's the combination of the white base and the shiny finish.  Once I put top coat on them, I liked them much better.

Verdict:  This particular design wasn't really for me.  I also thought application was a little harder with these than other brands, but it's hard to say.  I haven't used nail strips in a while, so it could just be me.  I still have two more designs to show you, including a french tip one (exciting!), so hopefully I'll like those better. :)

Availability:  Incoco Nail Polish Appliques can be found at Incoco.com* for $8.99 each.


Are you familiar with Incoco's nail appliques?  Let me know what you think of them in the comments below! :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)