Wednesday, October 15, 2014

[Nail Art] MoYou London Kaleidoscope 08



Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share with you two plates from MoYou London's new Kaleidoscope collection. MoYou London graciously allowed me to pick two plates for review, and I immediately picked out Kaleidoscope 08 and 09. Several more plates were released in the collection since then. If you're curious, you can view the whole collection here. They all look amazing.


I'll be showing you the 08 plate first in today's post. All the plates come covered in blue film, which you remove before stamping. I'm in love with the sleeve art for this collection. My sister told me the packaging reminds her of chocolate bars. So now I always think of MoYou plates as beautifully decorated chocolates. :)


Ta-da! Can I pat myself on the back? Okay, I'll be more humble since the plate did all the work. ^^ This looks like I spent about 10 times more time on it then I actually did. I'm still an amateur at stamping, so if you're advanced, I'm sure you could create some really astounding nail art.


I found this plate easy to use, and the designs were all etched deeply. All the images picked up easily with my large marshmallow stamper. I own a knock-off, but MoYou sells a double-end marshmallow stamper here. The red stamper shown above is also very squishy and slightly sticky. It picks up images cleanly and can fit an XL design on it (although I recommend using it with smaller images). I usually associate red stampers with rubber, so I was pleasantly surprised by it being silicone.

One thing to note with this plate is the broader etchings. A lot of the designs have large spaces, so it's recommended that you use thicker polishes for stamping. Thin polishes will scrape right out of the design. Medium polishes will work, but may not pick up as cleanly. So it's best to stick with your tried and true polishes for stamping. You can use your other colors for filling in the design. :)


Polishes I Used
OPI Going My Way or Norway? (tan base)
OPI My Dogsled Is A Hybrid (green)
OPI Suzi Has A Swede Tooth (pink)
OPI Can't Afjörd Not To (orange)
OPI Do You Have This Color in Stock-holm? (purple)
Milani Black Swift
Milani Blue Zoom
Color Club Harp On It (silver)


Doesn't this design feel kind of bohemian? I think the great thing about this plate is that you can make it whatever theme you want. The possibilities are truly endless - just like a real kaleidoscope.




Overall, I really enjoyed using this plate! It's definitely one of my most favorite plates now. I think there are 11 plates total in the Kaleidoscope collection, and I pretty much want every single one. x) Tomorrow, I'll show you the 09 plate so you can look forward to that! :)

Availability: MoYou London plates are available on moyou.co.uk for £4.99 each. About $8.50 each as of 8/22/14 (my last purchase). The exchange rate then was 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.587361 British Pounds. Shipping is free to the UK. Shipping to everywhere else is free with £15+ orders. If you make an account with them, you can also receive a 15% off discount code.

Have you tried any of the plates from MoYou London's Kaleidoscope collection? Feel free to link blog posts to your art in the comments below. I'd love to see them!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)